Create Space was featured Midwest Home’s blog as part of their review of area DIY studios. You can read the full write-up in their incredibly kind article at https://midwesthome.com/blog/diy-digs-create-space/.
Create Space is growing it’s White Bear Lake space and adding a second location in Hudson, WI. With this growth, we’re growing our team. We’re looking for part-time evening and weekend instructors at both our locations, along with day-shifts on Wednesday and Thursday in White Bear Lake. Our ideal candidate would enjoy creating things, be comfortable working with tools, computers and graphics software, have experience leading group activities or teaching, and enjoy working with both adults and kids. You don’t have to be an expert with tools, building or design but you would need to be comfortable working with them and open to learning. Instructors start at $10-15 per hour depending on experience.
Create Space Instructor duties may include:
- Leading a structured class with ease and flexibility.
- Providing individual and group instruction of DIY projects.
- Guiding customers and assisting with decisions during the creative process.
- Using power tools, computers and other equipment.
- Operating cash registers and handling customer payments.
- Prepping materials for classes and completing inventory.
- Promoting Create Space and it’s products at the studio, during events and with other businesses.
- Answering questions, providing customer service and hospitality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Comfortable with learning and using tools and technology.
- Maintain a positive attitude with a focus on customer experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Ability to perform basic math and fractions.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Teaching or group instruction experience is preferred.
Interested in applying? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Create space is opening a new location in downtown Hudson with a Grand Opening party on Thursday, October 25th, 2018 from 4:00 to 9:00. The party will include, food, free mini projects and prizes. Classes will start out on Tuesday and Friday evenings, along with open studio hours on Friday and Saturday and availability for private events at other times. Come celebrate the opening of our 2nd location with us at 511 2nd Street, Suite 202 in downtown Hudson. For more information contact: email@example.com or call 651-321-3491.